This recipe for brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes is a perfect for the air fryer. The vegetables are cooked until tender and crispy, making them the perfect side dish for your Thanksgiving menu and Christmas dinner. Give this recipe a try today!
This gluten-free recipe is perfect for holidays or any occasion.
Brussels sprouts go well with most main dish meats but are especially tasty served with my slow cooker turkey and stuffing or a freshly roast chicken. If you're in a pinch for a quick meal, buy a rotisserie chicken. It's a delicious companion to these roasted veggies.
If you're looking for an oven roasted version of this recipe, you can find that here and I have more easy sweet potato recipes here including my Mom's Sweet Potato Casserole that I serve every year for Thanksgiving Dinner - it's always a hit!
This post contains helpful tips, tricks, and useful information! If you're in a rush, please use the "Jump to Recipe" link at the top of this post.
*This post may contain affiliate links and I’ll earn a commission if you shop through them. You can read my full disclosure here.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- fresh brussels sprouts
- medium-sized sweet potatoes
- extra-virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- crispy bacon
- Craisins/dried cranberries
- sunflower seeds
- balsamic glaze - easy to make with balsamic vinegar
See recipe card for quantities.
This is an overview of the instructions. Full instructions, including cooking time and temperature, are in the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Prep bacon, chop, and set aside.
Cut bottom of of brussels sprouts and rinse in colander. Cut any large sprouts in half. Pat brussels sprouts dry and place in a large bowl.
Peel sweet potatoes and cut into cubes approximately the same size as the brussels sprouts. Add to large bowl.
Toss brussels sprouts and sweet potato cubes with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Place in a single layer on tray in air fryer. I like to line the tray with parchment paper but it's not necessary.
Cooking stirring halfway through at 400° for 10 to 15 minutes until slightly browned and fork tender.
Remove from air fryer. Sprinkle with dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, and balsamic glaze.
Serve while warm!
The recipe for a simple homemade balsamic glaze (the balsamic drizzle mentioned above) can be found in the notes section of the recipe card below. You can also purchase a bottle of balsamic glaze at your local grocery store. It's usually less than $4.00 a bottle.
I like to keep fully cooked bacon on hand and then heat in the microwave following the directions on the package. It's such a timesaver and the bacon always turns out crispy without making a mess on my stovetop.
- Pecans, almonds, walnuts, or any desired nuts can be added to this recipe after removing it from the oven.
- Add feta cheese after removing from the oven for a tangy and salty flavor boost.
I don't recommend storing this since it's best to serve this warm and fresh from the oven but if you'll be doing a lot of holiday cooking and baking, this can be made a few hours ahead of time and kept warm in this insulated serving bowl. I have a set of these and use them for big family dinners and holiday meals. If you have any questions about how they work, just let me know!
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it a 5 star rating. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Sweet Potatoes
- 6 bacon strips
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries Craisins
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds can also use pecans, walnuts, or almonds
- 3 tbsp. balsamic glaze *see notes section for recipe for homemade
- Preheat air fryer to 400°.
- Arrange bacon in a single layer on greased air fryer basket (use cooking spray or olive oil) and cook for approximately 6 minutes, flipping at 3 minutes, until partially cooked. Remove from air fryer, chop, and set aside. Once air fryer has cooled a bit, wipe out basket.
- Cut bottom of of brussels sprouts and rinse in colander. Cut any large sprouts in half. Pat brussels sprouts dry and place in a large bowl.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into cubes approximately the same size as the brussels sprouts. Add to large bowl.
- Toss brussels sprouts and sweet potato cubes with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place in a single layer on tray in air fryer. I like to line the tray with parchment paper but it's not necessary.
- Cooking stirring halfway through at 400° for 10 to 15 minutes until slightly browned and fork tender.
- Remove from air fryer. Sprinkle with dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, and balsamic glaze.
- Serve while warm!
- Add ½ cup of balsamic vinegar with a drizzle of honey (approximately ½ tsp.) to a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil mixing constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until the glaze is reduced by half and sticks to the back of a spoon, approximately 10 minutes.
This particular recipe was made with a Cosori 6.8 qt air fryer. If you're using a different brand of air fryer, you may need to adjust the cooking time and/or temperature accordingly as not all air fryers cook the same.
👩🏻🍳 Food safety
- 🧊Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- 🍲Never leave cooking food unattended
- 🌋Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds