Are you looking for a tasty way to make fresh zucchini that doesn’t involve frying it in oil or breading it? Well, look no further than this delicious air fryer roasted zucchini recipe!
Air frying is a delicious healthy way to enjoy zucchini without breading it. The zucchini cooks to a beautiful golden brown thanks to the hot air and is a simple side dish.
Zucchini, like summer squash, is a wonderful and versatile vegetable. I've used it to make bacon and cheese spoon bread (the perfect side dish) and also harvest bread in the fall.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full list of ingredients, measurements, and instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- 2 medium size zucchini
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- parmesan cheese
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- black pepper
- salt (sea salt or kosher salt)
See recipe card for quantities.
This is an overview of the instructions. Full instructions, including cooking time and temperature, are in the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Slice zucchini into ½ inch slices...
and then cut each slice into quarters.
Place diced zucchini into a large mixing bowl.
Toss with a little oil or spray with olive oil spray.
Mix spices in a small bowl.
Add to the raw zucchini and toss gently.
Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Set air fryer to a temperature of 380 degrees F with a cook time of 6 minutes. After the first 6 minutes remove the basket and give it a good shake. Repeat the cook cycle of 6 minutes.
- Bagel seasoning can be used in place of the other spices for some extra flavor and a salty savory taste.
- Red pepper can be added for some spicy heat and a strong bite.
This delicious air fryer zucchini is a low calorie dish and is a great addition to a healthy meal plan.
No Shaking & No Preheating, Precise Temperature Control and Even Cooking Results
This particular recipe was made with a Cosori 6.8 qt air fryer. If you're using a different brand of air fryer, you may need to adjust the cooking time and/or temperature accordingly as not all air fryers cook the same.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days and reheat in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 5 minutes until warm.
Place zucchini slices on paper towels to remove any excess moisture cutting into quarters.
Come back often or subscribe to my email list for great recipes using the air frying technique or join my Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook - I would love to see you there!
Air Fryer Roasted Zucchini
- 2 zucchini medium sized
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning can substitute oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- Rinse zucchini and dry.
- Cut off blossom end.
- Slice zucchini into ½ inch slices.
- Cut each slice into fourths.
- Place diced zucchini into bowl.
- Coat with olive oil or spray with olive oil spray.
- Mix spices and add to zucchini. Toss lightly to coat.
- Place in a single layer in air fryer basket.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Set air fryer to 380 degrees for 6 minutes. Remove basket and shake. Continue cooking for another 6 minutes.
👩🏻🍳 Food safety
- 🧊Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- 🍲Never leave cooking food unattended
Leave a Reply