Lavash bread pizza is a quick and easy way to make delicious pizza at home. This middle eastern flatbread is the perfect choice for a quick thin crust pizza, and the air fryer gives it a perfect golden brown crust with ever so slight crispy edges.
You can top the pizza crust with any of your favorite toppings, or keep it simple with just cheese and tomato sauce.
If you're feeling adventurous, you can even make Lavash pizza with a variety of different toppings and create your own unique flavor combination. Lavash flatbread pizza is sure to become a family favorite.
💟Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Quick meal prep
- Easy to customize - kids can pick their favorite toppings to make their own pizza
- Good idea for an after school snack
This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- whole wheat Lavash
- traditional pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese
See recipe card for quantities.
This is an overview of the instructions. Full instructions, including cooking time and temperature, are in the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Take one large piece of Lavash flatbread and cut it in half.
Place Lavash in the center of the air fryer and spray the entire pizza lightly with olive oil spray. (This is the sprayer I have and use.)
Cook for one minute with no toppings on it.
Remove air fryer basket and top pizza with sauce leaving a bit of a border. Don't add too much sauce or you'll end up with a soggy pizza.
Top with cheese and fresh basil if desired.
Cook just until the cheese melts.
Hint: Check the pizza at about the 5 minute mark to check for doneness. Cook an additional minute or two for a crispy pizza.
- Goat cheese, cheddar cheese or any other cheese you like- instead of mozzarella cheese.
- Barbecue sauce - instead of pizza sauce.
- Small pieces - cut Lavash into fourths for smaller, individual, servings.
- Deluxe - make it a deluxe by adding turkey pepperoni, bacon, black olives, bell peppers, diced red onion, and tomato slices are all great topping choices!
🍞 Where can you buy Lavash bread?
I found mine in the ethnic food aisle but I've been told you can also find it in the bakery section or deli section of your supermarket. I went to my stores website and when I typed in what I was looking for it provided the exact aisle location.
This particular recipe was made with a Cosori 6.8 qt air fryer. If you're using a different brand of air fryer, you may need to adjust the cooking time and/or temperature accordingly as not all air fryers cook the same.
Seven layer salad for a complete meal!
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it a 5 star rating. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- ½ lavash flatbread
- 2 tablespoon pizza sauce
- 1 ounce mozzarella cheese
- Cut one large piece (9 x 12) of lavash in half and place in air fryer basket.½ lavash flatbread
- Set air fryer to cook at 375 for one minute.
- Remove basket and top lavash with the pizza sauce avoiding the edges.2 tablespoon pizza sauce
- Top with mozzarella cheese and fresh basil if desired.1 ounce mozzarella cheese
- Cook an additional 5 to 6 minutes at 375 degrees checking at the 5 minute mark. If the cheese has melted, your pizza is done and ready to enjoy.
👩🏻🍳 Food safety
- 🧊Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- 🍲Never leave cooking food unattended
- 🌋Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds