Make any day special with a classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich that's heated in the air fryer for a gooey peanut butter and warm jelly center on perfectly toasty bread.
This easy air fryer pb&j has the most basic of ingredients but the results are definitely not basic.
💟Why You'll Love This Recipe
- basic ingredients
- can be customized for picky eaters with a favorite jam and peanut butter alternatives
- great snack
- better than a grilled peanut butter sandwich - no extra butter or fat is needed to get a beautiful golden brown hue to the bread
- slices of bread
- favorite jelly
- creamy peanut butter
This is an overview of the instructions. Full instructions, including cooking time and temperature, are in the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Spread peanut butter on one side of the bread avoiding the edges.
Spread jelly on the other slice of bread, again, avoiding the edges.
Place bread together with the peanut butter and jelly inside like a regular old sandwich.
Place in air fryer basket in a single layer...of course! There's no need for parchment paper but if you prefer to use it, go right ahead.
Set air fryer to 350 degrees f for 5 minutes. Flip at 3 minutes.
- Sourdough bread, gluten free bread, or any other preferred bread in place of the white bread. If it's thinly sliced bread, reduce the cook time to 3 minutes.
- Substitute almond butter, sunflower seed butter, cashew butter, chunky peanut butter, or different nut butters in place of peanut butter.
- Strawberry jelly or any jelly flavor you prefer can be used in place of grape jelly.
- Add fresh fruit - add slices of banana or strawberries to the bread slices before putting them together (the sliced fruit will be in the center of this classic sandwich).
- Delicious Dessert - slice frozen pound cake and use that in place of the bread for the sandwich. Cook as directed in the recipe card (and above) and top with ice cream, whipped cream, and strawberry or chocolate syrup.
This particular recipe was made with a Cosori 6.8 qt air fryer. If you're using a different brand of air fryer, you may need to adjust the cooking time and/or temperature accordingly as not all air fryers cook the same.
If you'll be putting this in a lunch box wait until it cools and place in an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator until read to eat - or three days maximum.
If you like this you'll love this recipe for Air Fryer Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it a 5 star rating. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Air Fryer Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 tbs peanut butter
- 2 tbs grape jelly
- Coat one side of bread with peanut butter.2 tbs peanut butter
- Coat other piece of bread with jelly.2 tbs grape jelly
- Put sandwich together and place in air fryer.2 slices white bread
- Set air fryer to 350 degrees for 5 minutes flipping at the 3 minute mark.
- Air fry until golden brown.
- Remove from air fryer and cut in half. Allow to cool slightly and enjoy!
👩🏻🍳 Food safety
- 🧊Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- 🍲Never leave cooking food unattended