If you're looking for an easy and delicious recipe, look no further than these air fryer pineapple rings! They make a great sweet treat, a quick snack, or an easy dessert. Plus, they only require four simple ingredients and taste a lot like grilled pineapple.
*This post may contain affiliate links and I’ll earn a commission if you shop through them. You can read my full disclosure here.
This is a great addition to summer recipe rotations when fresh fruit is more readily available but it can be made throughout the year using canned pineapple slices if you can't get or find the perfect pineapple.
I made this recipe after using the juice from the can to make Pineapple BBQ sauce. I had leftover pineapple slices and thought this was a delicious way, with minimal effort, to use it up.
Details for using a fresh ripe pineapple as well as other variations can be found prior to the recipe card.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- canned pineapple rings, drained
- packed brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- shredded unsweetened coconut *optional
See recipe card for quantities.
This is an overview of the instructions. Full instructions, including cooking time and temperature, are in the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Drain juice from pineapple and set aside for use in another recipe if desired.
Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl.
Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the pineapple slices, flip and sprinkle on other side as well. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
After the 30 minutes have passed place pineapple rings in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Air fry pineapple for a total cooking time of 16 minutes flipping halfway through.
Hint: Pat pineapple rings with paper towels or clean kitchen towel to remove excess moisture before sprinkling with brown sugar mixture.
- Fresh Pineapple Slices - you can use a whole pineapple instead of the canned pineapple. You'll need to use a pineapple corer (which is such a cool kitchen gadget!) and there is no need to remove the outer skin, you'll only need to remove the top of the pineapple which makes the whole process of using the corer pretty easy.
- Coconut sugar - can be used in place of brown sugar in a 1:1 ratio.
- Brazilian pineapple - Brazilian pineapples are a great choice for this delicious dessert! They can be found at your local grocery store and tend to have a deep natural sweetness and fully reflect all the qualities of the best pineapples.
- Melted Butter- after patting pineapple slices with a paper towel mix melted butter (1 tablespoon) with the brown sugar mixture and brush onto slices. Air fryer as usual but omit the 30 minute refrigerator time.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream- top warm pineapple slices each with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle with caramel sauce, maple syrup, or agave syrup for a fantastic treat!
Store any leftover pineapple pieces in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it a 5 star rating. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Air Fryer Pineapple
- Cosori Air Fryer
- Pineapple Corer
- 20 ounces sliced pineapples in juice drain juice and save for another recipe
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup toasted coconut optional
- Drain pineapple and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Mix brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Place pineapple rings in a single layer on a plate or baking sheet and sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Flip over and coat other side.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat air fryer to 370° F. for 5 minutes.
- Remove pineapple slices from the refrigerator and place in a single layer in the bottom of the air fryer basket. Depending on how many slices you have and the size of your air fryer, you may need to do this in several batches.
- Air fryer at 370° F for 8 minutes, flip and air fry for another 8 minutes.
- Serve warm! Top with toasted coconut if desired.
This particular recipe was made with a Cosori 6.8 qt air fryer. If you're using a different brand of air fryer, you may need to adjust the cooking time and/or temperature accordingly as not all air fryers cook the same.
👩🏻🍳 Food safety
- 🧊Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- 🍲Never leave cooking food unattended
- 🌋Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds