Are you looking for a delicious and healthy meal that is easy to make? If so, you should try air fryer boneless skinless chicken thighs.
This air fryer chicken thighs recipe is a great way to make a quick meal and the air fryer cooking process using hot air yields crispy chicken thighs that are a low carb favorite with the best flavor!
Plus, air fryer chicken thighs are low in calories and fat, so they are the perfect choice if you are trying to eat healthier. Give this simple recipe a try today!
See recipe card for quantities.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- black pepper
This is an overview of the instructions. Full instructions, including cooking time and temperature, are in the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Start with a package of fresh boneless skinless fryer thighs. A 1-pound package should be enough.
Mix all the spices in a plastic Ziploc bag.
Place chicken thighs in bag and seal.
Shake well to coat pieces of chicken.
Add parchment paper (this is my favorite) to the air fryer basket AFTER preheating (never use parchment paper in an empty air fryer) and spray with cooking spray.
Add seasoned chicken thighs in a single layer to the air fryer basket.
Cook until crispy flipping halfway through.
Hint: This is a wonderful appetizer but can also be served as a main dish. Serve with green beans and old-fashioned potato salad for a full meal!
Thigh and leg meat are rich in flavor and take longer to cook than chicken breasts. Use an instant read thermometer to check that the internal temperature of the chicken has reached 170 degrees F.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it a 5 star rating. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Air Fryer Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Place raw chicken in plastic resealable food storage bag.
- In small bowl, mix spices well.
- Add spice mix to bag with chicken.
- Seal bag and shake to distribute the spices.
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees f.
- Line basket with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Place chicken thighs in a single layer in air fryer basket.
- Cook in batches if necessary for a total cooking time of 20 to 25 minutes until crispy and golden brown flipping the chicken pieces halfway through the cooking cycle.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 170 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods