If you're looking for a new way to enjoy pasta, then you have to try making these air fryer bow tie pasta chips! It's a fun recipe that's simple to make and is a great snack or appetizer. Plus, they're perfect for using up any leftover pasta you might have.
I like to serve these for movie night or when I have guests over. The hot air of the air fryer makes this easy recipe a delicious crispy snack without using any fat. I've seen some recipes call for adding olive oil but I make mine without that extra ingredient and the end result is an easy snack and all the flavor of your favorite crunchy chips with fewer calories.
This would be great for a party night served with my air fryer chicken thighs and these amazing air fryer boneless ribs.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe card, including nutritional information, at the bottom of the page.
- bowtie pasta - also called farfalle pasta
- parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- marinara sauce for dipping
See recipe card for quantities.
This is an overview of the instructions. Full instructions, including cooking time and temperature, are in the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
In a large pot cook raw pasta according to the package directions for al dente.
Drain pasta well. Place the cooked pasta in a large mixing bowl.
Add seasoning to bowl and toss gently.
Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Depending on the size of your air fryer you may need to make this in a second batch.
Cook until the bow-tie pasta is golden brown shaking the basket halfway through cooking time.
Spread on a baking sheet to cool completely and repeat with remaining pasta.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
Hint: use a paper towel to dab away any excess moisture before air frying if desired.
- Gluten-Free pasta
- Whole Wheat Pasta
- Spicy - Cajun seasoning or red pepper flakes
- Tangy - sprinkle ranch dressing on these parmesan pasta chips before air frying
This particular recipe was made with a Cosori 6.8 qt air fryer. If you're using a different brand of air fryer, you may need to adjust the cooking time and/or temperature accordingly as not all air fryers cook the same.
We like to eat these fresh but if you don't finish them all the best way to store them is in an airtight container at room temperature (on the countertop) for up to 3 days.
Come back often or subscribe to my email list for great recipes using the air frying technique or join my Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group on Facebook - I would love to see you there!
If you love this recipe please give it a 5 star rating. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Air Fryer Bow Tie Pasta Chips
- 1 lb bow-tie pasta
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large pot of salted boiling water cook pasta according to directions for al dente.1 lb bow-tie pasta
- Drain pasta well and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Coat with all seasonings and toss gently.½ cup Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, salt and black pepper to taste
- Arrange in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 400° F. until a crispy golden brown - approximately 8 to 10 minutes. Remove basket and shake pasta chips halfway through (at 4 minutes).
- Spread on a baking sheet to cool completely.
- Serve with warm marinara sauce or dipping sauce of your choice.
👩🏻🍳 Food safety
- 🧊Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- 🍲Never leave cooking food unattended
Leave a Reply