Air fryer country style ribs are so easy to make and the taste of these boneless ribs is amazing!
Ribs aren't just for grilling and backyard gatherings in the summer, they're easy to serve year round with one of my new favorite ways to cook, the air fryer!
This was inspired by my recipe for crockpot ribs, and is an excellent meal when you're on a tight schedule.
Looking for a side dish idea? Serve this with old-fashioned potato salad for a memorial day celebration.
- boneless country style ribs (pork)
- olive oil
- dry rub
- barbecue sauce
See recipe card for quantities.
🔪 Instructions 👩🏻🍳
Brush all sides of ribs with olive oil.
Sprinkle barbecue rub on both sides of the ribs.
Place ribs in air fryer basket in a single layer.
Cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 18 to 20 minutes.
Flip ribs halfway through.
Remove from air fryer and brush your favorite bbq sauce.
Hint: If making several batches of air fryer ribs at once you may need to drain the excess fat from the bottom of the air fryer tray. First, allow the fryer to cool. Remove the rack and drain the fat into a container (never pour fat down the drain). I like to save tin cans to drain fat into and then, once full, I dispose of them in the trash.
This is an easy recipe to keep gluten free if you choose an appropriate barbecue sauce or if you make your own using gluten-free ingredients.
Change the flavor of this country style pork ribs recipe with the following variation.
- Asian Ribs- ½ cup hoisin sauce, ⅓ cup Chinese 5 Spice rub, 2 tbs. ketchup (this will make enough for 4 pound of ribs). Rub the ribs with the Chinese 5 spice rub leaving 1 tablespoon aside. In a small saucepan, combine the hoisin sauce, ketchup and the remaining 1 tablespoon of spice rub and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute. Allow to cool and transfer to a bowl or storage container. After ribs have been cooked for the proper amount of time remove them from the air fryer and brush with this delicious Chinese style bbq sauce.
- Bone-in ribs - to make this recipe with bone in ribs simply add 5 minutes to the cooking time again checking the internal temperature when the cook time is completed.
Equipment can have a big impact on how a recipe turns out. For this recipe I used my favorite power air fryer, the PowerXL Vortex Air Fryer- 7qt. model.
It's a superb air fryer. I bought it in May of 2020 and use it almost daily, sometimes, multiple times a day.
Cooked pork ribs can be refrigerated in shallow airtight containers or wrapped tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil, or plastic wrap. If stored properly, cooked pork ribs will last for 3 days in the refrigerator.
Air Fryer Ribs
- 1 pound boneless country style pork ribs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons barbecue rub seasoning
- 1 cup barbecue sauce warmed
- Brush ribs with oil.
- Generously sprinkle barbecue rub on both sides of ribs and gently rub in a bit.
- Place ribs in air fryer basket or racks.
- Cook at 350° for 18 to 20 minutes turning halfway through.
- Cook until the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Remove from air fryer and brush with warmed barbecue sauce.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 145 °F (63 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended