Air fryer meatloaf is a simple way to enjoy your favorite classic meatloaf recipe with a modern twist. Using an air fryer, you can achieve that perfect balance of a moist, tender interior, and a deliciously crispy exterior. Using this convenient appliance cuts down on cooking time considerably when compared to making this easy weeknight dinner in a regular oven.
One of the key advantages of using your air fryer for cooking meatloaf is its ability to evenly distribute heat, ensuring a consistently cooked tender meatloaf. Additionally, when preparing a 2-pound meatloaf in the air fryer, you can easily tailor the recipe to your personal preferences by adjusting the seasoning, breadcrumb choice, and even incorporating your favorite tangy glaze.
To get started, all you need is your trusty air fryer, a 2-pound ground meat mix, and a combination of flavorful ingredients to make a mouthwatering meatloaf that the whole family will enjoy. So go ahead and give this air fryer version of this classic dish a try – your taste buds will thank you!
This post contains helpful tips, tricks, and useful information! If you're in a rush, please use the "Jump to Recipe" link at the top of this post.
*This post may contain affiliate links and I’ll earn a commission if you shop through them. You can read my full disclosure here.
This is an overview of the ingredients. You'll find the full measurements and instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup instant oatmeal
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- medium onion, chopped fine
This is an overview of the instructions. Full instructions, including cooking time and temperature, are in the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Preheat your air fryer to 390° degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, eggs, salt, pepper, oatmeal, onion, and milk until well combined.
Form the ground beef mixture mixture into a loaf shape, around 1.5 to 2 inches thick. Or, use a meatloaf pan lined with plastic wrap. This is an easy way to get a loaf shape. Place the meat mixture into the pan to shape.
Next, invert the pan containing the meatloaf mixture onto your air fryer tray or into your air fryer basket.
Place the meatloaf in the preheated air fryer leaving enough room for air circulation.
Cook your meatloaf for about 30 to 40 minutes of cook time at 390° degrees Fahrenheit, checking the internal temperature with a meat thermometer.
When the internal temperature reaches 160°F, your air fryer meatloaf is ready. Allow your meatloaf to rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
When you're ready to serve your delicious 2 lbs air fryer meatloaf, consider the following side dishes to complement your main course and provide a well-rounded hearty meal:
- Mashed potatoes: These creamy, delicious potatoes are a classic pairing with this delicious meatloaf.
- Roasted Zucchini
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
- 7 Layer Pea Salad
Turkey Meatloaf (or Chicken)
If you're looking to make a healthier version of your favorite meatloaf, consider using ground turkey or ground chicken instead of ground beef. Both options have less saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium than ground beef, making it a better option for those watching their health. To make turkey or chicken meatloaf, simply replace the ground beef in your air fryer meatloaf recipe with an equal amount of your choice. You may find that you need to adjust the seasoning to accommodate the milder taste, but the result will be a delicious and more health-conscious main dish.
Ground Pork Meatloaf
Another alternative to traditional beef meatloaf is ground pork meatloaf. Although ground pork typically has higher levels of saturated fat and cholesterol than ground beef, it brings a unique flavor profile that can add variety to your meal rotation. To make a ground pork meatloaf in your air fryer, substitute the ground beef with ground pork in your recipe, and adjust the seasonings as needed to complement the taste of the pork.
For those with gluten sensitivities, a gluten-free meatloaf is a great option. It's easy to make a gluten-free meatloaf using an air fryer by substituting traditional bread crumbs with gluten-free alternatives. The oatmeal used in this recipe does make this a gluten-free version.
When making air fryer meatloaf with alternative ingredients, keep in mind the taste and texture differences that these changes might bring. However, by being open to trying new ingredients and adapting your usual recipe, you can enjoy a variety of delicious and healthier meatloaf options in your air fryer.
Add any of these to the top of the meatloaf during the last 5 minutes of cooking for a burst of flavor!
Chili Sauce or Homemade BBQ Sauce (this Homemade Pineapple Barbecue Sauce is an excellent choice!)
Brown Sugar Glaze
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup ketchup
Mix together. Pour sauce over the meatloaf before placing in air fryer.
Add any of these to the meat mixture before forming your loaf for a change of pace - Italian seasoning, garlic powder or garlic salt (in place of the salt).
This particular recipe was made with a Cosori 6.8 qt air fryer. If you're using a different brand of air fryer, you may need to adjust the cooking time and/or temperature accordingly as not all air fryers cook the same.
Storing Leftover Meatloaf
If you find yourself with leftovers, which is quite possible given the hearty 2 lbs size of your air fryer meatloaf, here are some guidelines on how to store it properly to maintain its quality and flavor:
- Allow your meatloaf to cool to room temperature before storing. This helps to prevent excess condensation, which can result in sogginess.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container or wrap them tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. This helps prevent the meatloaf from drying out and keeps flavors and aromas from affecting other items in your fridge.
- Place your wrapped or containerized meatloaf in the refrigerator. Properly stored, it should last about 3 to 4 days, giving you plenty of opportunities for satisfying leftover meals.
- The MeatStick is the first smart wireless meat thermometer engineered with versatility and durability in mind to withstand almost all ways of cooking.
- Our MeatStick enables you to easily monitor your meat’s temperatures during the cook, providing real-time data on your phone to achieve steakhouse quality at home.
For a 2lbs meatloaf in an air fryer, you should cook it for approximately 35 minutes. However, always check the internal temperature using a reliable meat thermometer or instant-read thermometer to ensure that it is fully cooked.
Best temperature for air fryer?
The ideal temperature for cooking meatloaf in an air fryer is typically around 390°F. Cooking at this temperature will ensure a crispy outer crust and a moist, tender center.
No breadcrumb meatloaf recipe?
If you want to make a meatloaf without breadcrumbs, you can substitute them with other options such as oatmeal (as I did in this recipe), crushed crackers, crushed tortilla chips, or even cooked, cooled quinoa. Simply use the same amount as you would with breadcrumbs and mix it into your meatloaf recipe to help it bind together.
Power XL Meatloaf directions?
When using a Power XL air fryer to cook meatloaf, follow the same basic guidelines mentioned above for cooking time and temperature. Place the meatloaf in the air fryer basket and set the temperature to 375°F. Cook for approximately 45 minutes, or until the meatloaf reaching an internal temperature of
Air Fryer Desserts
Looking for some delicious desserts? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with this meatloaf:
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it a 5 star rating. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
The Best Easy Air Fryer Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup instant oatmeal
- ⅔ cup skim milk any milk can be used but will affect the final nutritional information
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion medium, chipped fine
- Preheat your air fryer to 390° degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, eggs, salt, pepper, oatmeal, and milk until well combined.2 lbs ground beef, 1 teaspoon salt, 1½ teaspoon black pepper, 2 eggs, 1 cup instant oatmeal, ⅔ cup skim milk, 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 onion
- Form the ground beef mixture mixture into a loaf shape, around 1.5 to 2 inches thick. Or, use a meatloaf pan lined with plastic wrap. This is an easy way to get a loaf shape. Place the meat mixture into the pan to shape. Next, invert the pan containing the meatloaf mixture onto your air fryer tray or into your air fryer basket.
- Place the meatloaf in the preheated air fryer leaving enough room for air circulation.
- Cook your meatloaf for about 30 to 40 minutes of cook time, checking the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. When the internal temperature reaches 160°F, your air fryer meatloaf is ready. Allow your meatloaf to rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Brown Sugar Glaze
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup ketchup
Add-insAdd any of these to the meat mixture before forming your loaf for a change of pace - Italian seasoning, garlic powder or garlic salt (in place of the salt).
- 🌡️ Cook to a minimum temperature of 160 °F.
- 🍴Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- 🧼 Wash hands after touching raw meat
- 🧊Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- 🍲Never leave cooking food unattended